Monday, May 27, 2013

Your Grocery List.

I decided instead of listing products I like and use, I would write out a grocery list and a list for Vitamin Shoppe, GNC, or wherever you choose to buy your supplements. I would pick your favorite place and stick with them because you can earn points from your purchases. Personal preference.. We always shop at Vitamin Shoppe. They have great sales, great pricing, and a much wider selection than GNC.

I am not a doctor. Put what you want in your body at your own risk. This is all my personal opinion. :)

Here's a rundown on what I take in the morning with breakfast:

First thing in the morning:

Fish oil
Probiotics
Multi vitamin
Soluble fiber
L-Glutamine

Fish oil improves cholesterol, helps prevent cancer, is good for your heart and for your joints. Probiotics are great for digestion and your gut. They are the "good" bacteria found in the gut and help keep you healthy and regular.

Here is a link to a GREAT article explaining glutamine. I am going to be lazy here and instead of siting bodybuilding.com and all that, I am going to just let you read this!
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/all-about-glutamine-your-expert-guide.html

I work out in the morning, so I take these and eat breakfast (like I posted before--green smoothie, grapefruit) Then before leaving for the gym I take:

Pre workout:
1g kre-alkalyn Creatine
Amino Energy

Post workout:
1 scoop Sun Warrior protein
1g kre-alkalyn creatine

Protein after a workout is very, very important. You need to feed your muscles. When you lift weights, you are breaking down the muscle. Drinking a protein shake after a workout helps to repair and grow your muscles!

Alright. Now lets move on to a basic list of clean eating food you should keep in your house. This isn't everything, but it is a list to help you get started on filling your pantry and fridge.

Produce:

Apples
Bananas
Grapefruit
Berries
Other fruit you like
Other in-season fruits

Kale
Spinach
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Brussels sprouts
Sweet potatoes
Onions
Garlic
Other veggies you like

Frozen:
Berries with nothing added
Another frozen fruit for smoothies
Veggies with nothing added
***!!I keep this in the freezer for when we're running low on fresh and need to get to the store. This happens often..as much as you plan, sometimes you run out of fruit and veggies. Fresh is best. This is a good backup.!!!***

Meat:
Chicken
Fish
Ground beef
Steak
Canned tuna and chicken (again, great for when you're in a hurry or needing to get to the store)

Dairy:
Almond milk
Plain greek yogurt
Cottage cheese
Eggs

Bulk section:
Almonds
Walnuts
Pecans
Other nuts (^^unsalted^^)
Dates
Seeds
Almond flour
Coconut flour
Dark chocolate chips

Canned:
Black beans
Other beans

Peanut butter
Almond butter
(Check the ingredients!! Less is best. Peanut butter should basically just be peanuts. No sugar. Same with almond butter)

Baking section:
Cocoa powder
Chia seeds
Flax seeds
Unsweetened coconut
Hemp hearts
Olive oil
Coconut oil
Mrs Dash
Other low sodium seasonings
Stevia
Honey

 I'm sure there are little things I am forgetting, and like I said this isn't everything but this is the basic foods we use and live on. We have much more in our house, but this is what we stock up on and end up buying quite often. If you have a question about anything feel free to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment